Broken Shovels Farm Volunteering
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Broken Shovels Farm Sanctuary!
We are currently looking for committed, reliable people who love animals to help us here at the farm. Below are areas we need additional help.
- Public events help – assisting with property clean up, on and off-site event set up, welcoming guests to the sanctuary, etc.
- Project days – lifting, carrying heavy building materials, assisting with light construction projects, fencing, property clean-up, etc.
- Produce pick-up – looking for an individual willing to donate their time and vehicle to pick up produce from food banks or grocery stores. We supply the trailer, you supply the transportation.
- Plumbing/Electrical/Mechanical – if you have any of these skills and you would like to donate your skill set and time to the sanctuary for much needed infrastructure and vehicle care and maintenance, please reach out!
- Artists – reach out if you have artistic talent and want to help us revamp our logo/merchandise designs and would like to donate your time for the animals!
At this time we do not offer any internships.
We are not currently able to accommodate group volunteering. As we house a lot of animals, we prefer to screen individuals who could potentially have access to our property and animals and we currently cannot do that effectively with groups.
If interested in the above mentioned positions, please click the link below to read through the volunteer application. Email your completed form to email@example.com. All volunteers must complete an application prior to starting any work.